In this episode, Christopher Schnese and Stephen Miller bring you a Tribeca Film Festival 2018 review of The Seagull.
Director: Michael Mayer. With Saoirse Ronan, Elisabeth Moss, and Annette Bening. An aging actress named Irina Arkadina pays summer visits to her brother Pjotr Nikolayevich Sorin and her son Konstantin on a country estate. On one occasion, she brings Trigorin, a successful novelist, with her. Nina, a free and innocent girl on a neighboring estate, falls in love with Boris Trigorin. As Trigorin lightly consumes and rejects Nina, so the actress all her life has consumed and rejected her son, who loves Nina. The victims are destroyed while the sophisticates continue on their way.
• Christopher Schnese and Stephen Miller
• The Seagull
• Stephen: Recommend (with Caveat)
• Christopher: Pass (with Caveat)
Music for this Episode:
• The Seagull (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Contact the show:
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please help us by taking our survey